Air EMS is currently accepting applications for a full-time Flight Coordinators / Communication Specialists in Tulsa, OK (KTUL).
Flight Coordinators / Com Specs are responsible for the overall coordination of fixed-wing transports from beginning to end which includes, but is not limited to:
- Receiving and prioritizing emergency and non-emergency telephone calls in a fast‐paced, stressful environment.
- Exercising good judgment under pressure while ensuring effective communications are maintained between all aircraft, pilots, medical crew members and customers in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Initiating and coordinating the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and other emergency procedures as needed.
- Maintaining written and computerized records.
- Monitoring the location and status of aircraft during patient transport missions (flight following).
Our team members possess unique backgrounds, experiences and skill sets, but each share a common passion and motivation for this diverse and highly challenging industry. We believe our staff represent the single most valuable asset to our patients and customers!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include:
- EMT-Basic or previous EMS, Fire, Police, or Air Medical communications/dispatch experience preferred
- Computer literacy including good typing skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD), Certified Flight Communicator (CFC) certified, Advanced Communicator Course (ACC) certified, or Operational Control Specialist (OCS) certified highly preferred.
Now accepting applications! Apply now … www.airems.us/employment