Commercial Medical Escort
Not Every Patient Requires a Dedicated Air Ambulance or Full Medical Team.
For patients requiring minimal medical intervention who are able to sit in an upright position for extended periods, a Commercial Medical Escort is a cost-effective and safe alternative. On these flights, the patient is transported via a commercial airline and will be accompanied during all phases of the transport by a Flight Nurse and/or Flight Paramedic.
Commercial Medical Escort services are not available for all patients. A detailed medical assessment is required prior to scheduling the trip to ensure this mode of transportation is safe and appropriate. Restrictions do apply.
Air EMS™ will:
- Provide the necessary medical equipment and medication for comfortable transport
- Obtain medical clearances from the airlines prior to departure
- Assist with airport security processes, aircraft boarding, flight connections and deplaning
- Coordinate with sending and receiving facility medical staff
- Schedule ground transportation to/from the airport
- Coordinate with designated family members during the transport
Call 1-844-5AIREMS (844-524-7367) for more information on Commercial Medical Escort services.